Company BOZPO, s.r.o. presents you with a wide range of new services in the field of periodic revisions of PPE. Specifically, these are the following services that we have prepared with the interest of increasing your security:
- Periodic checks of personal protective equipment (PPE) against falling from a height or depth.
- Complete service, including the design and installation of interception systems, which will ensure maximum protection.
- Delivery and installation of anchor points, crucial for your safety.
- Supply and installation of fall protection systems (HIS) and visual safety inspection systems (VIS).
- Supply and installation of safety self-closing doors at the workplace.
- Development of an evacuation plan after catching a fall from a height or depth.
- Development of safe work procedures for working at heights.
- Decree of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of the Slovak Republic no. 147/2013 Coll. in attachment no. 6 par. 5.2 stipulates the employer’s obligations in connection with personal protective equipment (PPE) as follows:
Periodic inspection and test:
The employer is obliged to periodically check and test personal protective work equipment against falling at least once every 12 months.
Examination after extraordinary events:
In addition, the employer must carry out a test after every emergency, especially after catching a person’s fall and after extreme stress on the PPE in conditions that worsen its safe condition.
Scope of revision:
These revisions apply to all PPE that directly protects the worker from falling. Periodic inspection and testing must demonstrate the flawlessness and functionality of each element of the protective system (harness, rope, fall arrester, carabiners, etc.), while the results are recorded in the record card of the given PPE.
Review of new equipment:
New equipment must be revised for the first time after 12 months of commissioning.
The most serious PPE disorders include:
- Mechanical damage:
For example, cuts or other forms of damage caused by external mechanical influences.
Thermal damage to textile and plastic parts:
Damage resulting from the influence of high temperature or other thermal factors that affect the textile and plastic parts of the PPE.
- Chemical damage:
Including etching, corrosion and other harmful effects of chemicals that can affect the functionality of PPE.
- Loss of function:
It includes material fatigue, exceeding the service life and other factors that lead to the loss of the ability to fulfill its safety function.
- Missing or damaged identification tag:
Damage to the identification label, which contains important information about the PPE, such as standards, revision dates and manufacturing data.
These types of failures are critical because they can affect the effectiveness and safety of PPE. Regular inspection and maintenance of PPE to detect and address these damages is key to ensuring a safe work environment.